The Old Farmer’s Almanac was right once again. This winter was the chilliest and most brutal most of us will ever see in our lifetime, which is what makes this day so exciting. Today is officially the end of winter for the United States! On top of that, it’s International Day of Happiness, promoted by the U.N., which means you have even more reason to smile.
Besides enjoying the warmer temperatures, we can admire the beautiful flowers and greener nature, savor seasonal fruits and veggies, enjoy the outdoors, lay out in the sunshine and Vit-D (make sure to wear sunscreen), and be happier from the beauty and warmth surrounding us.
The following includes a few things you can do on the first day of spring to make those around you have a more meaningful day:
1. Make eye contact and smile at each person you meet
2. Help someone in need
3. Say “thank you” and be appreciative of others
4. Call your loved ones just to say “I love you”
5. Perform acts of kindness, no matter how insignificant they may seem
6. Donate your money or time to a good cause
7. Answer the phone with a happy tone
8. Give compliments to as many people as you can
9. Allow someone in a rush to cut in front of you in traffic
10. Be nice all day long despite negativity that may approach you
We hope these few suggestions will brighten up your day and everyone around you, while enjoying the start of spring. Although many of us will be enjoying the warm temperatures, it also means that some are experiencing the aftermath of the brutal winter that may include property damage. Please Call Paul if you have any property damage caused by fire, water, mold or storms. We’re there to help!
– From your neighbors at Paul Davis