The holidays are here, which means Paul Davis Restoration of New Mexico is looking forward to the exciting changes that will take place in 2015. To improve your Albuquerque home’s energy efficiency during the coming weeks, follow the steps below:
- Every month, check your furnace filters and replace or clean them when needed. By using pleated paper filters, you can filter out most small particulates and allergens. A clean filter means the furnace does not have to work as hard!
- If not properly sealed, doors and windows can leak a lot of heat. Keep moisture and cold air out by caulking around the exterior. Use a waterproof, flexible, and paintable caulk. You might also want to try weather stripping around the doors.
- If your fireplace has an open firebox, think about adding glass fireplace doors to prevent heat from escaping. Special fireplace blankets can be purchased that cover opening when not in use.
- High ceilings in your home? Ceiling fans aren’t just for summer – use a ceiling fan on a “winter” setting to distribute heat around the room, which will make the space more comfortable.
- A programmable thermostat will help you regulate the temperature, turning up the heat when you’re about to come home and turning it down while no one is home.
Please incorporate some of these tips this winter.Energy savings, lower utility bills, and a more comfortable home in Albuquerque. What do you have to lose? From all of us at Paul Davis Restoration of New Mexico, enjoy!